BPS Logo Licensing Vendors
BPS Staff Vendor Guide
BPS Approved Vendors Guide
Logo Usage Guidelines
Why does BPS have a licensing program?
- All school and district logos, names and initials are the property of the Bismarck Public School District. BPS paid for the design of each school and district logo. Logos, school names, and initials which have been trademarked with the North Dakota Secretary of State’s office help protect the district and its schools from people who may use them in an inappropriate or inconsistent manner.
- Other parties, therefore, may not use BPS logos, school names, and initials solely for their own profit. School-related groups must have all logo projects approved before contacting a vendor. At the elementary level, contact the principal. At middle/high school, contact the building AD (activities director). For district logo use, contact the Community Relations Dept. at Hughes, 701-323-4091.
- Vendors are required to apply with the school district/foundation for a nominal cost, then submit quarterly reports and 5% royalty fees for all approved uses, regardless of who it is sold to unless it is exempt. Random compliance checks will be made. Revenue from licensing comes back to the foundation.
- BPS does not permit any school group or outside entity to use unlicensed vendors to produce merchandise using the marks of Bismarck Public Schools. The fine for doing so is $100. Vendors who produce merchandise without a valid agreement with the district will be prohibited from participation with the licensing program. Unlicensed vendors will be required to remit unreported royalties to the district. The district may pursue legal action against vendors who do not follow these guidelines.
Who is licensed?
- BPS licenses only LOCAL vendors with business locations in the Bismarck-Mandan area. There are few exceptions. Examples: (1) big box stores in our community such as Walmart, which orders and sells mass quantities of logo apparel and other items and contracts with an out-of-state vendor; (2) a MN company specifically requested by our principals and approved by our Supt. for their competitive pricing, which saves taxpayer dollars; (3) a company that uses BPS logos on items which will be given to schools for FREE (ie. the school does not purchase the items).
What must be licensed?
- Anything with a BPS school or district logo, name or initials ( BHS demons logo, BHS academic logo, and the names Bismarck High School, Bismarck High, BHS) that is sold or given to another party, such as team gifts, apparel (t-shirts, caps, etc.) water bottles, bleacher chairs, blankets, etc.
- NOTE: if a school, PTO, booster, etc. group orders shirts to give away at a run-walk, for example, and there’s a fee to participate in that event, those shirts would be subject to royalty fees.
What is exempt?
- Anything sold to the district or a school for its OWN USE such as authorized physical education, music, or athletic team warm up gear/uniforms worn during game/event time, official cheerleader jackets/uniforms, official coaching apparel worn at games/events; employee work shirts, district or school logos on websites or social media, school letterhead/brochures, signs, office supplies, student planners, awards, plaques or trophies, etc.
- Other exempt items include: consumables such as graduation cakes, plates, napkins, balloons or graduation announcements, and parent-to-vendor purchases of class rings, letterman jackets, etc.
BPS Staff Responsibilities:
- It’s the responsibility of the principal/administrator to inform all staff, student groups, and PTOs/PACs about the logo licensing policy at the beginning of each school year.
- It is the responsibility of the district Activities Director and the building ADs to inform all coaches and booster groups that operate inside or outside of the district.
- It is the responsibility of the primary contact for any/all apparel orders to submit a logo usage form to notify BPSF for tracking purposes.
- Anyone who violates the policy may be fined $100, and royalties must still be paid to the Bismarck Public Schools Foundation. This includes staff, boosters or PTO members who order merchandise without using an approved vendor or artwork.
Contacts for more information:
Updated October 2023
Approved Vendor List
|701 Apparel||Levi Serfoss||701-952-7478|
|Adorables by Audrey Embroidery||Audrey Morman||701-258-7210|
|Bears Tail Basketball||Wylee Bears Tail||701-934-3441|
|The Bracelet Bar||Chelsea Ktytor||701-527-6068|
|BSN Sports||Jeff Loke||214-459-9041||800-899-0149|
|Capital Trophy||Rick Ripplinger||701-223-5670|
|CI Sport (Scheels)||Jamie Knopp||1-800-233-4759||701-239-4208|
|Coaches Choice||Mark Sanders||701-365-0109||701-297-0534|
|Corey's Creations||Corey Perman||701-540-8756|
|Custom Stitches & Designs||Renae Egeberg||701-848-6088||701-848-6375|
|Dakota Awards||Kaylee Townsend|
|Dakota Printing and Embroidery LLC||Mike Samuelson||701-224-9879|
|Fargo Apparel||Trevor Haugen||701-866-3269|
|First Community Credit Union||Katie Nehl||701-258-2751|
|Gate City Bank||Stacy Heidenreich||701-293-2560||701-271-2694|
|Go Promo, LLC||Jess Stowman||701-219-7310 (ext. 713)|
|Grace & Gayle||Justina Monroe||701-426-5766|
|Image Printing||Dave Nelson||701-222-4000|
|Integrity Fundraisers||Scott Reinhart||701-885-5193|
|Keepsake Engraving/Keepsake Lane||Casey Jacobson||701-400-9924|
|Lakeshirts (Blue 84)||Jake Monson||218-847-2171||218-209-4075|
|Lane 4 Athletic, LLC||Al McDonagh||701-330-0333|
|Little Punkins Boutique||Selena Van Hout||701-425-5856|
|Logos N Sports||Lane Olson||701-222-2181|
|Miss Elanas Embroidery||Elana Nygaard||701-224-8313|
|MJ Designs||Mary Dillman||701-226-5178|
|ML Hockey, LLC||Mario Lamoureux||218-791-6276|
|NISC (DBA iGear)||Scott Janz||701-663-6511||701-667-1936|
|ND Embroidery Gifts, LLC||Patrick Selzler||701-202-8628|
|Northern Trophy & Silk Screening Inc. (DBA The Locker Room)||Cindi Pedersen||701-663-1943||701-400-4880|
|NP Designs, LLC||Natalie Pavlicek||307-679-6929|
|Ohiopyle Prints Inc.||Susan Snyder||724-329-4135|
|Pel Industries (Target & Kmart)||Laura Ward||800-643-3055||888-556-2936|
|Perk n Beans||Dee Neustel||701-471-0349|
|Personal Touch Marketing & Mftg. Inc.||Rhonda Goehring||218-236-1631|
|Piatz's Promotional Products||Randy Piatz||701-220-7177|
|Probitas Promotions||Michael Leier||701-557-3983 (ext. 501)|
|Pure Country Custom Embroidery||Bob Bloske||701-221-0904|
|Range Printing||Clare Bauman||701-595-1858||320-632-6627|
|Rightside UP Apparel||Shawn Bergstrand||701-595-4230|
|Rough Rider Industries||Alexis Burgard||701-328-6150|
|Rudis Athletic Apparel|
(Trihex Athletic Apparel, LLC)
|Runamuk Kreation||Misty Lindseth||806-336-2340|
|Sew What Promotions Inc.||Jerri Breitbach||406-778-3700|
|Sheet Metal Specialties, Inc.||Dawn Johnson||701-220-6926|
|Shirt Shack||Alex Thomas||701-223-5250|
|Sparkle City||Amanda Finck||701-452-2937|
|Squad Locker||Kelly Swanson||401-427-9032|
|Starion Bank||Donnell Roehrich||701-250-1476|
|Superior Silk Screen||Kimberly Hegel||701-258-7639|
|The Printers Inc||John Nelson or Crystal Harrington||701-255-3422|
|TYR Sport Inc.||Michael Galindo||516-289-4618|
|U~B~U Beauty Jewelry & More||StaceyAnn Ziemann||701-220-3012|
|United Printing ||Amanda Miller||701-204-3735|
|Universal Athletic||Chris Pederson||701-222-8500|
|Unlimited Office Products, Inc.||Rhonda Rockey||701-663-4970||701-663-9037|
|X-Grain Sportswear||Jeremy Boffeli||563-690-4379|
|Yellow Rose Creations||Makayla Schatz||701-527-3930|
|Yellow Stitch Boutique||Valerie Woeste||701-527-0897|
Partner with the BPS District to empower every learner to thrive by enhancing the services and recognition of students and staff.